An Introduction to The Functions of The Cooperation Office
1. To solicit business investments (investors):
1) To make use of, in a comprehensive way, Xuhui District’s advantageous investment climate, make harder efforts in soliciting business investments, employ an assortment of means of soliciting business investments, perform those tasks assigned by Xuhui District Government regarding solicitation of business investments (investors).
2) To further optimize the investment climate in Xuhui District, coordinate with the reform into the system of administrative examination and approval, constantly enhance the quality of one-stop service, working skills and efficiency in Xuhui District, provide enterprises with convenient and fast information consultation service and allow them to apply for and obtain necessary certificates and permits.
3) To arrange specialists to offer long-term and tracing service to those keynote enterprises in Xuhui District, solve various problems that these enterprises have encountered in the course of business operations, and cannot solve without assistance from the government.
4) To provide occupational guidance upon business investment solicitation centers at the sub- district level, help them train up service specialists, and constantly improve the business investment work networks at the two levels (district level and sub-district level).
2. To serve the whole country, and develop Xuhui District
1) To seize the prime opportunities arising as a result of the State Government’s launch of the “Develop China’s West” policy, encourage and give supports to those industrial and commercial enterprises within Xuhui District to take part in the development of China’s West by multiple means of technology transfer and cooperative business operation, etc., and pursue interactive developments jointly with economic bodies in other regions of China.
2) To trace along and supervise those projects in Xuhui District with regard to assignments involving provision of financial aid by specified organs, economic development for the purpose of poverty alleviation work.
3. Duties in terms of dealing with those representative offices of governments at different levels in the rest of the country that are located within Xuhui District:
1) To handle registration formalities for those representative offices in Shanghai Municipality of people’s governments at county level, large and medium-sized enterprises in this district, and local giant groups with a registered capital in excess of RMB 10 million yuan and limited liability companies operating on some certain scale.
2) To represent Xuhui District People’s Government to take charge of the federation of those representative offices of governments at different levels in the rest of the country that are located within Xuhui District, chiefly on fronts of: organizing members to study the guidelines, laws, rules and regulations set down by the Communist Party of China and the State Government; carrying out information exchange activities among different regions/departments and between regions and departments, in terms of economic, technological, cultural, educational, and human-talents-related affairs; organizing consultation, investigation and survey activities; organize personnel to negotiate upon economic and technological collaboration projects, and take part in other activities concerning economic liaison.
4. Duties in terms of dealing with those enterprise associations located within Xuhui District:
To represent Xuhui District People’s Government to liaise with those enterprise associations located within Xuhui District, mainly on fronts of: organize member-role enterprises to study the guidelines, laws, rules and regulations set down by the Communist Party of China and the State Government; carrying out information exchange activities between enterprises and units under the People’ Government of Xuhui District, in terms of economic, technological, cultural, educational, and human-talents-related affairs; providing enterprises with a comprehensive range of services; organizing consultation, investigation and survey activities, and other associating activities between enterprises and government units.