Real Estate Administrative Bureau
Housing, Land and Resource Administration is an operational department under Xuhui District Government that takes charge of housing property, land and reform into the housing accommodation policy throughout Xuhui District.
1. Major duties:
(1) To follow out those guidelines, policies, laws, rules and regulations governing housing property and land, and the reform into the housing accommodation policy, and those regulations formulated by Shanghai Municipal Administration of Housing Property and Land Resources, study and organize personnel to implement the enforcement method.
(2) Pursuant to Xuhui District’s Overall Program for National Economy and Social Development, to study and formulate the Overall Program for Land Utilization and medium and long-term Plan for Development of the Real Estate Industry; to be responsible for compiling, and organizing personnel to implement, the annual plan for land development and utilization.
(3) To be responsible for managing the cadastral and housing property registration information, registering and issuing certificates of ownership rights over housing property within Xuhui District; verifying and confirming the ownership rights over housing property;; establishing cadastral and housing property registration information according to laws; to be responsible for professional survey-cartography and drawing with regard to cadastral and housing property registration information.
(4) To be responsible for controlling the aggregate scale and usefulness of land for construction use in urban areas within the area in jurisdiction by Xuhui District Government; examining, approving and managing the allocation, assignment and acquisition of various types of land for construction purpose, and “change of the usefulness of agricultural land” according to laws.
(5) To organize and implement the transfer of the right to use of land, lease of land, valuation of and investment in land, transfer of land, transaction of land, governmental purchasing of land, storage of land, consolidation of land within the area in jurisdiction by Xuhui District Government; guide the management over utilization and transfer non-agricultural land that is owned by the collective in rural areas.
(6) To be responsible for managing the real estate market and industry, including management over the pre-sale and sales registration, transaction, leasing, swapping, brokerage, exchange information within the area in jurisdiction by Xuhui District Government; to be responsible for managing the qualifications of those enterprises engaged in real estate development and operation.
(7) To be responsible for managing the property management industry, including management over the qualifications of property management enterprises within the area in jurisdiction by Xuhui District Government; to guide, coordinate and supervise the operations of property owners’ committee, and monitor the utilization of Housing Property Lease and Maintenance Fund.
(8) To be responsible for administrative management over utilization, dismantling, renovation, reservation and protection of varied types of housing property within the area in jurisdiction by Xuhui District Government.
(9) To be responsible for organizing personnel to effect the reform into the housing accommodation policy within the area in jurisdiction by Xuhui District Government, on fronts of reform into the housing property distribution system, sale of publicly owned housing property, adjustment of lease rentals of publicly owned housing property, and establishment of the low-rental housing property, etc.
(10) To organize, guide, coordinate and supervise the administrative enforcement of laws with regard to the reform into the housing accommodation policy, land policy and housing construction policy within the area in jurisdiction by Xuhui District Government; mete out administrative punishments towards illegal behaviors within the limits of power according to laws; and treat with various types of disputes arising from real estate establishments according to laws.
(11) To be responsible for responding to administrative litigations.
(12) To undertake and handle other jobs that Xuhui District Government has assigned the Housing, Land and Resource Administration to treat with.
2. As far as intramural organs are concerned, pursuant to the major duties as stated above, Xuhui District’s Housing, Land and Resource Administration has set up 7 functional sections/offices, which are namely, the Administrative Office, Land Utilization and Management Section, Housing Property Dismantling Management Section, Real Estate Market and Ownership Rights Management Section, Property Management Section, Housing Accommodation Policy Reform Section, and Compositive Management Section. The major duties of each of these sections and offices are described as below:
(1) Administrative Office:
To be responsible for organizing and coordinating the government affairs in government units, liaising with external parties, handling official business and correspondence, letters and files; summarizing, compiling and issuing various kinds of information; putting into force and supervising the implementation of related decisions, resolutions and those instructions given by cadres; organizing and arranging meetings, activities, and foreign affairs, and handling letters of complaint from the people and calls by the people to lodge compliants; coordinating and managing the logistics and administration work; spreading lores about laws and regulations; managing administrative litigations (inclusive of responding to administrative litigations and hearing of witnesses, etc.) and other affairs regarding administrative enforcement of laws in a comprehensive way; compiling the annual budgets and final accounts for the Housing, Land and Resource Administration, and guiding the implementation of such budgets and final accounts; managing those funds managed by the Housing, Land and Resource Administration, conducting business accounting for, and financial management over, public institutions; collecting, and managing the collection of and payment for, various fees as stipulated and related funds; settling accounts for, examining and approving the accounts of, various funds under mandatory management; managing the fixed assets in the possession of the Housing, Land and Resource Administration.
(2) Land Utilization and Management Section:
To be responsible for managing the transfer of the right to use of State-owned land in the entire district in a unified way; making preparations (on fronts of transferring out, assignment, leasing out, or sharing of stock equity, etc.) for signing contracts upon for-value use or transfer of State- owned land; reporting to higher authorities the floor bidding/tender price; working together with related departments to manage the revenues earned from land assets, checking and verifying and managing the State-owned land assets in storage; managing the acquisition and allocation of land sections for construction and agricultural development purposes, and putting of such land sections into any other purposes, utilization of collectively-owned land sections (inclusive of those land sections to host residential establishments erected by peasants), and land sections for temporary use, all in the entire district in a unified way; summarizing the information regarding those construction-purpose land sections and those land sections to be used for value in the entire district.
(3) Housing Property Dismantling Management Section:
To be responsible for conducting administrative management over the dismantling work of varied kinds of housing property in the entire district, inclusive of examination and approval of dismantling projects, ratification and issuance of Dismantling Work Permits, and control of the aggregate load of dismantling work; examining and approving the qualifications of dismantling organizations, issuing qualification certificates to dismantling organizations, reexamining and verifying the qualifications of dismantling organizations; examining and urging the “returning” work of those residents who have to accommodate themselves in some temporary housing establishments because of dismantling work; renovating aged housing property in this district, and conducting administrative management over protective and preservative renovation work.
(4) Real Estate Market and Ownership Rights Section:
To be responsible for managing the filing work over those real estate development enterprises after they have gone through the incorporation formalities, managing the qualifications and business development activities of these enterprises; managing those real estate brokers and specialists; managing the transfer, swapping, lease of real estate, transfer of housing property construction projects, and handling other affairs regarding real estate transactions; participating in organizing and summarizing information and data with regard to the real estate market; managing the cadastral, housing property registration and ownership right information regarding the housing property and land in urban and rural areas; making statistics and analysis of basic data regarding cadastral and housing property registration information; assisting in executing and managing those affairs concerning mortgage of real estate and housing property; guiding the issuance of ownership right certificates of housing property; coordinating in disposing of contradictions and disputes concerning the ownership rights of housing property in this district.
(5) Property Management Section:
To be responsible for managing the property management industry in this district, inclusive of managing the qualifications of property management companies, guiding, coordinating, and supervising the operations of the property owners’ committees, management over and use of housing property repair & maintenance funds; coordinating the flood control and “typhoon- incurred-damage-prevention” work for the housing property in this district.
(6) Housing Accommodation Policy Reform Section:
To be responsible for investigating, studying and assessing the implementation of those policies regarding reform into the housing accommodation system; working together with related departments to draft out certain methods for implementation of Shanghai Municipal Regulations upon Reform into the Housing Accommodation Policy, and organize, guide and supervise the implementation of such a policy; managing the reform into the housing property distribution system, sale of low-rental housing property and publicly owned housing property, adjustment of lease rentals of publicly owned housing property; implementing and putting into force the policy governing privately owned housing property and disposing of those issues regarding privately owned housing property left over prior to the start of Cultural Revolution; making arrangements for housing property sourcing, outlays and distribution in a holistic manner; and managing the ownership rights over housing property owned by religious organizations or operated by proxies on a commissioned basis, and conducting business accounting of lease rentals accordingly.
(7) Compositive Management Section:
To be responsible for constructing party organizations and disseminating ideological & political lores within the Housing, Land and Resource Administration, spreading the Party’s guideline and policies, organizing various types of learning activities, making efforts to enhance the holistic qualities of the membership of workers and staff; working together with related departments to work out methods for assessment of fulfillment of job objectives, and organizing and guiding the implementation of such methods; evaluating and appointing cadres, issuing public notices regarding appointment of cadres, tracing along and examining the working performance of those cadres on probation; fostering activists and absorbing more qualified personnel to become party members, and conducting democratic appraisal of the working performance of party members as well; adjusting the establishment of intramural organs and furnishing each of the sections/offices with staff members in the Housing, Land and Resource Administration, handling the formalities with regard to appointment and dismissal of cadres, managing those retired elderly cadres, and handling personnel archives, etc; making harder efforts in constructing labor unions; carrying out certain projects to enhance the cohesive affinity among staff members, mobilizing the initiatives of workers and staff towards their work, so as to facilitate the accomplishment of various jobs as assigned by the Housing, Land and Resource Administration without let or hindrance.
(8) Compositive Planning Section:
The Housing Property Construction Management Section is responsible for studying and setting own, compiling, summarizing and reporting to higher authorities, Xuhui District’s medium and long-term plans for development of housing property, annual & quarterly plans for construction of residential establishments, construction plans, and various types of supporting construction programs, and supervising and examining the implementation of such programs and plans; doing a good job in levying, utilizing and managing the charges for supporting works regarding housing property construction projects in this district, and conducting lump-sum management over these projects; making statistics and analysis of the information about the developments of housing property industry in this district, providing data and information concerning the developments of the housing property industry; coding, and conducting fundamental management work over, those housing property construction sites in this district.
(9) Engineering Management Section:
To study and formulate the Program for Construction and Development of Supporting Facilities for Newly Erected Residential Establishments in Xuhui District, and organize personnel to put into force such a Program; do a good job in joint examination of the availability of supporting facilities for newly erected residential establishments in Xuhui District; take part in the joint examination of those charges levied upon supporting facilities for lump-sum projects regarding construction of residential establishments; work jointly with related departments to compile, and render to higher authorities, Xuhui District’s Annual Program for Completion of Supporting Facilities for Newly Erected Residential Establishments, study and formulate the Holistic Plan for Bringing Sewage into Shanghai Municipality’s Drainage Pipe System; compile the Plan for Road Construction and Deployment regarding residential establishment construction projects; formulate, examine and approve Xuhui District’s Plan for Construction and Development of Green Belts in Newly Established Residential Quarters, and Construction Standards/Proposals; coordinate with the collection of engineering work charges.
(10) Engineering Management Section:
To formulate a Plan for Quality Management over Newly Erected Residential Establishments, facilitate those residential establishment constructing enterprises in Xuhui District to achieve their set business objectives; to be responsible for conducting access management over those residential establishment constructing enterprises and working together with related departments to supervise the performance in terms of such access management; to assist related departments in examining and approving or filing those residential establishment development enterprises or engineering supervision organizations in Shanghai Municipality; to conduct examinations and approval, and issue, the Occupancy Permits to those newly erected residential establishments; to release the Quality Warranty Letters and Users’ Instructions Letters regarding newly erected residential establishments; to be responsible for rectifying, and organizing personnel to manage, the construction quality of residential establishments.
(11) Housing Property Industry Section:
To promote Xuhui District’s fulfillment of its Development Program Concerning Pursuit of Modernization of Housing Property Industry, and the district’s accomplishment of tasks by periods; to be responsible for planning out, designing and managing residential establishment construction projects; boost the implementation of technical standards and specifications with regard to the housing property industry set down by the State and local governments; assess and verify the engineering work performance of commodity residential property, recommend those sound-quality component parts for construction of residential establishments that have already gone through examinations and thus been authorized; spread the achievements of “four news” in the course of pursuing modernization in the housing property industry; promote the management work over construction of functional residential quarters and fully-decorated housing property; disseminate and manage environmental protection and energy saving techniques for application in residential establishments; coordinate the pursuit of modernization in the housing property industry in Xuhui District in a comprehensive way; participate in the examination, approval, and feasibility assessment of locality selection work for residential quarters in Xuhui District; to be responsible for examining and approving the detailed layout plan for house sits in Xuhui District; to participate in the examination and approval of the preliminary design of expansion work regarding residential establishments and related projects in Xuhui District; to be responsible for optimizing, submitting to higher authorities, organizing personnel to implement, and evaluating and conducting final acceptance of, Xuhui District’s Plans regarding Complete Neighborhood, “Four Highs” Residential Quarters, Exemplary Residential Quarters, and “Satisfactory Housing Supplies” projects; to be responsible for examining, approving and managing the selection of excellent housing property through public appraisal; to provide guidance upon the selection of excellent housing property through public appraisal; to boost Xuhui District’s provision of a complete range of functions to those already completed residential establishments; to collect, analyze and study the latest developments and evolution trends of the housing property industries at home and abroad.