Approval of Intermediary Services for Self-financed Overseas Study
Legal Basis for Such Administrative Approval：
1. Regulations of Intermediary Services for Self-financed Overseas Study, promulgated by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Public Security and State Administration of Industry and Commerce；
2. Implementing Rules of Regulations of Intermediary Services for Self-financed Overseas Study, promulgated by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Public Security and State Administration of Industry and Commerce.
Educational institutions or education service institutions;
1. Educational institutions or education service institutions with legal person status in Shanghai；
2. Equipped with personnel familiar with relevant educational and studying policies of China and the targeted counties and with experiences of providing education services；
3. Having established stable cooperative and exchange relationship with overseas educational institutions；
4. Having sufficient fund to indemnify students in accordance with the agreement where the legitimate rights and interest of the students are jeopardized.
1. Application letter and application form for qualification recognition of intermediary service provider of self-financed overseas study；
2. Certificate of legal person status;
3. Resumes and relevant certificates of legal representative and main working personnel;
4. Letter of intent or agreement regarding the cooperation in self-financed education, which is directly signed with overseas higher educational institution or other educational institution, and document of certification issued by Chinese embassy or consulate resident in the relevant country；
5. Certificates of assets or capital verification report issued by qualified accounting firm；
6. Articles of association of the institutions；
7. Proof of office and office facilities；
8. Application form of intermediary service provider for self-financed overseas study.
Service Hours and Reply：
1. Service hours：throughout the year
2. Timing of reply：within 7 working days after receipt of the approval letter of the Ministry of Education.
1. Submission and acceptance of the application；
2. Initial review by the municipal educational committee, municipal public security bureau and municipal administrative authority of industry and commerce;
3. Examination and approval by the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Public Security Bureau；
4. Issuance to the applicant the Certificate of Qualified Intermediary Service Provider for Self-financed Overseas Study, upon approval by the Ministry of Education.