(1) To follow out, carry out and put into force the laws, rules and regulations, and policies regarding pricing regulation set down by the State and Shanghai Municipality, study and formulate related price adjustment proposals, implement corresponding price regulation measures, and release important price-related information as well. (2) To follow out the commodity prices and charging rates subjected to management by competent price regulation departments at higher levels, urge players in the markets to sell commodities at clearly marked prices, ratify and adjust the prices of commodities and charging rates within the limits of its authority, and rectify and standardize the market pricing order. (3) To reinforce the supervision over prices in the real estate market and provide better service in this regard. (4) To be responsible for managing, guiding, supervising, and coordinating the authentication (attestation) and evaluation work conducted by Xuhui District’s Price Authentication (Attestation) Organization according to laws towards those articles involved in law cases in Xuhui District and the same organization’s evaluation work towards loss of objects incurred by traffic accidents on roads, thus to provide the competent juridical authority with objective and impartial evidence for case-handling purpose. (5) To manage and guide those enterprises and public institutions in Xuhui District to carry out the State’s pricing laws and regulations, guide and supervise these enterprises and public institutions to each set up a cost accounting system, consummate an intramural price regulation mechanism of their own, and standardize their behaviors concerning price adjustment, determination and fee collection. (6) To be responsible for putting into force significant price measures made by higher governmental departments in this District, publicizing adequately and organizing personnel to supervise the implementation of these measures in this District, too. (7) To organize personnel to examine and approve the fee collection behaviors of State organs, public institutions and intermediary organizations in this District on an annual basis, and issue a “Fee Collection Permit” to each of them. (8) To be responsible for supervising and reporting to higher authorities the price information in this district, forecasting the supply & demand conditions in the market so as to trace along the pricing fluctuations in time, and offering sound consulting services with regard to price information and pricing policies. (9) To take the lead in initializing a “Credible Computation of Commodity Price” campaign and organizing enterprises and public institutions in Xuhui District to participate in this campaign by going through inspections and competing against one another, thus to facilitate enterprises and public institutions to improve their own capabilities in terms of price regulation. (10) To organize personnel to implement price investigation and study activities, and release the basic charges upon property management service offered to those commodity housing establishments in Xuhui District, examine and approve the charging rates upon property management service. (11) To be responsible for those affairs with regard to responding to administrative litigations. (12) To be responsible for giving guidance upon the work of Xuhui District’s Price Regulation Association. (13) To undertake and handle other matters that Xuhui District Government has commissioned the Price Stabilization Bureau to treat with.
(1) To follow out those laws, rules and regulations, and systems concerning statistical work set down by the State and Shanghai Municipality; formulate a Statistical Investigation Plan for Xuhui District; organize and coordinate the statistical work and national economic accounting work of each of the related departments in Xuhui District; supervise and examine the implementation of statistical laws and regulations; take the lead in and be responsible for striking up a modern statistical system for Xuhui District. (2) As per the State’s needs for macroscopical management and scientific decision-making, and on the basis of the State’s basic system of statistical forms, to establish and consummate a national economic accounting system and a system of statistical indicators in economic, social, scientific & technological terms for the entire district, and complete various types of statistical tasks assigned by Shanghai Municipal Statistical Bureau. (3) To work together with related departments to accomplish significant investigation assignments at the State, city and district levels; examine and approve, and summarize the statistical data collected by each of the departments. (4) To manage, examine and approve basic statistical data in a unified way, regularly release statistical bulletins regarding the economic and social developments in Xuhui District, plus descriptions of economic operation conditions in Xuhui District; make statistics of, analyze and supervise the development of national economy, social development, and scientific/technological advancement, etc. (5) To establish, consummate and manage the statistical information system and various types of statistical databases. (6) To be responsible for professional trainings of statistical personnel in Xuhui District. (7) To undertaken and handle other matters that Xuhui District Government has commissioned the Statistical Bureau to treat with.
(1) Pursuant to Shanghai Municipality’s overall objective for economic development, to study and put forward the strategic objective for economic, city and social developments for Xuhui District, plus the corresponding plan, guideline and policy; organize personnel to formulate a medium and long-term program and annual plan for socio-economic development of the district. (2) Referring to the policies with regard to encouragement of certain industries set down by the State and Shanghai Municipality, to organize related departments to study and work out a “Three Industries Development Plan” for Xuhui District, draft out an Implementation Plan for Industrial Restructuring and Layout; to be responsible for balancing and coordinating the development plan for the three industries, and promote the effective implementation of the plan for industrial restructuring and layout adjustment. (3) To coordinate and study those significant issues arising in the course of Xuhui District’s economic development, and work jointly with related departments to draft out corresponding policies and measures. (4) To be responsible for managing the fixed capital investments in Xuhui District, and examining and approving those fixed capital investment projects within the limits of its authority; and to organize personnel to examine and approve, and report to higher authorities, the proposals and feasibility study reports with regard to those projects beyond the limits of its authority. (5) To supervise and examine how the annual investment plan has been fulfilled; to be responsible for planning out and coordinating the material construction projects in Xuhui District as a whole. (6) To do a good job in balancing and deploying the construction funds of Xuhui District; and summarize the detailed information of, and lay in, important investment projects short-listed by Xuhui District Government. (7) To be responsible for meticulously supervising, analyzing and predicting the economic development and social security circumstances in Xuhui District, and bringing forward suggestions upon improvement of policies plus countermeasures in time. (8) To study those significant issues arising on fronts of various social causes such as science and technology, education, culture, sanitation, and sport, etc. in relation to the economic development in a well-coordinated manner, and work together with related departments to formulate related plans and measures, so as to boost the sustainable developments of economy, society, population, environment and resources in Xuhui District. (9) To undertaken and handle other matters that Xuhui District Government has commissioned the Development and Reform Commission to treat with.
1. Major duties of the Administrative Office: To do a good job in secretarial and clerical work; to be responsible for drafting out such official files as work summaries, plans and reports upon assorted assignments, editing information and reporting it to higher authorities, investigating and studying keynote and attention-getting job assignments, and coordinating the relations among the parties; to assist cadres in examining how those monthly work objectives and public objective have been fulfilled, and supervise the implementation of those “real- things” projects at the city and district levels, matters in investigation and to be dealt with as assigned by cadres; to organize personnel to offer guidance upon, and examine the administrative enforcement of law, hold courts and conduct administrative reconsideration of related cases; to make solid efforts in terms of informatized management work, maintain well the information on the website of Xuhui District Government, and keep computers and related auxiliary facilities in good conditions; and to handle properly the letters of complaint from the people and the calls they make to lodge complaints, foreign affairs, archival matters, meeting-related things, receipt/sending and printing of files, as well as logistical matter and general affairs. 2. Major duties of the General Affairs Section: Under leadership by the Construction & Management Commission, to be responsible for coordinating the construction of and management over roads, bridges, water drainage facilities, river courses, water /power/gas supply facilities, information and public transport systems, etc. in a comprehensive way; to organize personnel to study the professional planning of roads, bridges, water drainage facilities and river courses throughout the entire district, participate in the technical & commercial assessments of significant civil works in Xuhui district and coordination of related contradictions; formulate the annual construction and maintenance plans for civil works and river courses; to be responsible for organizing personnel to initialize projects in Xuhui district and conduct technical and commercial assessments of preliminary plans; to be responsible for coordinating and supervising the construction of greenery and landscaping projects; to organize personnel to formulate the flood prevention scheme for the district, deploy assorted resources in a unified way to prevent and fight against flood, typhoon and other accidents, and effect rescue in case of emergency, as well as make sure the implementation of flood prevention measures; to be responsible for planning out, organizing and coordinating, supervising and examining, guiding and implementing, as a whole, the public transport work plan of the district; to be responsible for keeping and even increasing the values of publicly-owned assets of those enterprises and public institutions directly under Xuhui District Government, supervising, managing, examining and guiding the reform and restructuring in, and economic cooperation and introduction of foreign capital by, enterprises and public institutions. 3. Major duties of the Construction Planning Section: To investigate those land areas to be reconstructed throughout the district, compile the plan for reconstruction of aged land areas; file an application to higher authorities for enjoying a new run of favorable policies with regard to reconstruction of aged land areas; to do a good job in terms of disseminating the removal and relocation policies, laws and regulations, and offering consultations to the multitude; to be responsible for examining and approving the preliminary design proposal for construction work throughout the district; to file applications for dismantling housing property, deploying green belts and initializing land storage projects to the Planning Commission, Planning Bureau of Xuhui District, and Real Estate Administrations of Shanghai Municipality and Xuhui District respectively, and render letters of opinions regarding selection of localities for construction projects, as well as apply for Permits for Land Use for Construction Purpose, etc.; to cooperate with related organizations to solicit business investments and usher in funds for the development of relatively large-sized land areas; to do a good job in coordinating those contradictions arising from construction projects with regard to day lighting, clearance, noise, pollution on environment, passageway, and illegal construction work; to be responsible for coordinating those contradictions arising from those established residential quarters on fronts of environment, greenery and property management, etc.; to be responsible for coordinating those issues arising in the construction course of those newly erected residential quarters. 4. Major duties of the Construction Management Section: To follow out various policies, laws and regulations governing the construction industry and building materials industry; to do a good job in rectifying and standardizing the order in the construction market; to examine and urge the building work in construction projects in a well-ordered way; to facilitate the “selection of excellent construction work provider through public appraisal” campaign; to coordinate the job assignments and management practices in the construction industry and building materials industry; to be responsible for taking the lead in convening meetings to be attended jointly by those organizations and departments involved in the taxation affairs with regard to real estate projects and construction projects; to do a good job in evaluating the degree of office towers’ intellectualization; to urge related organizations to disseminate means of intellectualization among residential quarters. 5. Major duties of the Financial Section: To compile and implement the departmental budget pursuant to the ongoing State regulations upon regulation of outlays and funds, and also in consideration of comprehensive factors in relation to the budget-arising year; to reinforce the management over and utilization of significant funds, manage, make statistics of, and analyze such financial activities as budget implementation, financial revenues & expenditure, and fund management of those public institutions affiliated to Xuhui District Government, and improve the performance in terms of assigning financial matters; to put into force the system of “government purchasing” towards those government-invested projects, and examine the purchasing prices accordingly; to offer guidance, conduct supervision and internal inspection of the financial work of enterprises and public institutions.
An introduction to the functions of the Scientific and Technological Association and A Snapshot of Its Staffing (1) Functions 1) The Scientific and Technological Association (full name: Xuhui District’s Scientific and Technological Association) is a mass organization of those scientific and technological workers within Xuhui District, and a people’s organization under leadership by the CPC Xuhui District Committee; the Association serves as a bridge and link between the Communist Party of China plus the Government and scientific & technological workers, and an important social force contributing to the development of science and technology in Xuhui District. It consists of delegates from district-level science and technology oriented institutes, associations, research societies and sodalities, and other scientific and technological organizations in Xuhui District. Major job assignments: 1. To put it as a primary task of Xuhui District’s Scientific and Technological Association to boost the development of advanced productive forces, promote the construction of advanced culture, maintain and realize the fundamental interests of the overwhelming majority of the Chinese people. 2. To target the entirety of scientific and technological personnel, carry out academic exchange activities, activate the exchange of academic ideas, boost the enhancement of the application level of scientific and technological skills, facilitate the integration of natural science and social sciences, and promote the pursuit of scientific and technological innovation. 3. To target residents in the community and young-aged students, carry out mass activities for the purpose of disseminating popular science, spreading the spirit of respecting science, diffusing scientific lores, passing round scientific thoughts and methods, honoring the dignity of science, advocating creative trains of thought, and making efforts to improve the multitude’s awareness of science. 4. To target the major battlefields in the economic construction realm, provide consulting services regarding science, boost the transformation of scientific and technological achievements, disseminate advanced technologies; accept the appointments by governmental departments and players in other industries to conduct scientific assessments, bring forward suggestions for policy-makers, undertake such assignments as appraisal of projects and attestation of achievements, and boost the scientific and technological advancement in Xuhui District. 5. To offer continuing education and technical training programs, facilitate in-service staff members to have their scientific & technological lores constantly updated and bettered, spread such present-day science and technology lores as notions of informatization and sustainable development, etc. 6. To report, to the Party and Government and related departments, the suggestions and requirements of scientific and technological workers, organize scientific and technological workers to take part in the formulation of Xuhui District’s policies, laws and regulations governing science and technology, and handle those matters with regard to political consultation, scientific decision-making, and democratic supervision in Xuhui District. 7. To carry out non-governmental activities of scientific and technological exchanges, and strike up friendly relations with scientific & technological organizations and workers in home and abroad. 8. To recommend excellent human talents, commend and reward those advanced scientific and technological organizations and workers that have achieved outstanding results in scientific & technological, popular science and academic activities. 9. To confer a honorary title going as “Honorary Member with the Scientific and Technological Association at Xuhui District of Shanghai Municipality” to each of those excellent scientific and technological workers, and also each of those workers with Xuhui District’s Scientific and Technological Association, who have made significant contributions to the development of scientific and technological cause or to Xuhui District’s Scientific and Technological Association. 10. To fulfill the managerial and supervisory duties in the capacity of a competent organ in charge, towards those district-level institutes that Xuhui District’s Scientific and Technological Association has been authorized to manage; embark on social public welfare oriented, and science & technology oriented intermediary organizations that conform to Xuhui District’s Scientific & Technological Association’s guiding principle. (2) Intramural organs: Pursuant to the job assignments as stated above, Xuhui District’s Scientific and Technological Association has set up 4 functional departments, which are namely: 1. Administrative Office 2. Institutional Department 3. Popular Science Department. 4. Scientific and Technological Resources Department (3) Staffing Scientific and Technological Association: staff size: 18 persons; actual number of employees: 16
An introduction to the functions of the Scientific and Technological Commission and Its Staffing: (1) Functions: 1) The Scientific and Technological Commission (full name: Xuhui District’s Scientific and Technological Commission) is an operational department that takes charge of the scientific and technological advancement work in Xuhui Government. Major duties: 1) To follow out those guidelines, policies, laws, rules and regulations governing the scientific and technological work; take into account the actual circumstances in Xuhui District, study and draft out supporting policies and measures accordingly; compile the annual plan for scientific and technological work and medium/long-term program for scientific and technological development for Xuhui District; study and determine the layout of science and technology oriented industries, and decide that which sectors that priority shall be given to tap. 2) To be responsible for organizing and coordinating Xuhui District’s pursuit of scientific and technological advancement; boost the establishment of a scientific & technological innovation mechanism, consummate the district’s system of services for the good of innovators; facilitate the industrialization of science and technology oriented industries and transformation of scientific and technological achievements in Xuhui District. 3) To study those measures for earning more by means of scientific & technological advancement from multiple channels; optimize the deployment of scientific and technological resources; take part in the formulation of the budget for scientific and technological development outlays, manage and utilize related outlays allocated for specific purposes. 4) To be responsible for managing, examining and approving, and conferring the “Qualification Certificate of A Science & Technology Oriented Enterprise” to each of those non-governmental science and technology oriented enterprises in Xuhui District; organizing candidate enterprises to file applications for being authorized each as a city-level new and high technology oriented enterprise. 5) To boost the industrialization of new and high technologies; to be responsible for organizing applications for State/city-level keynote scientific and technological projects, authentication of scientific and technological products, and attestation of achievements as a result of new and high technological projects, etc; and trace along, inspect and accept completed projects, as well as boost the enterprises’ pursuit of scientific and technological advancement. 6) To be responsible for selecting winners of the “Xu Guang-qi Medal for Outstanding Scientific and Technological Workers in Xuhui District” and the “Honorary Medal for Scientific and Technological Pursuers” through public appraisal; to be responsible for recommending candidate projects to compete for city/State-level scientific and technological awards; provide guidance on transactions of ownership rights to scientific and technological achievements, standard operation of technological market and registration of technological contracts, etc. 7) To liaise with colleges & universities and scientific research institutions, and keep contacts with the team of scientific and technological experts; boost the construction of science and technology intensive areas. 8) To be responsible for managing scientific & technological information and archives; formulating out work plans and programs for dissemination of scientific and technological lores, so as to boost the development of popular science; to be responsible for statistical work regarding science and technology. 9) To be responsible for managing the intellectual property rights in this District. 10) To be responsible for earthquake management work in this District. 11) To be responsible for handling those affairs with regard to administrative litigation and reconsideration. 12) To undertake and handle other maters that Xuhui District Government has commissioned the Scientific and Technological Commission to treat with. (2) Intramural organs: Pursuant to the major duties as stated above, Xuhui District’s Scientific and Technological Commission has set up 3 functional sections (offices), which are namely: 1) Non-governmental Science and Technology Oriented Enterprises Management Section. 2) New and High Technology Office. 3) General Affairs Section (3) Staffing and leadership team: Scientific and Technological Commission: staff size: 11 persons; the actual number of employees is 10 (2 of whom do not have their names appear on the muster roll, but work as others do). Leadership team: one director (Lv Xiao-hui), one vice director (Ye Hui-liang), 2 acting vie directors (Liang Zhuan-jian and Yuan Jian).
1. Major duties of the Party Committee Office: To be responsible for drafting out, printing and circulating files of the Party Committee; to report and render the work plans, summaries and information to the CPC Xuhui District Committee; to urge and examine the implementation of various jobs assigned by the Party Committee, collect and sum up the information about fulfillment of job assignments in each period of time within the same Office; to be responsible for receiving, sending out, passing round for perusal, clearing and returning files and documents, and managing official dispatches and archives; to properly handle affairs in relation to, and keep minutes of, the Party Committee Meetings, Democratic Discussion Meetings, and other related meetings concerning the Party Committee; to do a good job in terms of security guard and confidentiality maintenance; to properly handle those letters of complaint from the people and calls by the people to lodge complaints. 2. Major duties of the Organization and Personnel Section: To assist the Party Committee in managing cadres within th City Construction Work Commission and those organizations directly under the same committee; assist the Party Committee in managing and examining those members in the management teams of those division-level organizations within this Committee; to guide and urge the grassroots bodies to reinforce the cohesive affinity of the Party Committee; to train and educate those young-aged cadres and non-Party-member activists; to make efforts in improving the education and trainings of cadres within the City Construction Work Commission; to do a good job in terms of routine management over intellectuals, retired veteran cadres and retired cadres within this Committee; to do a good job in managing those affairs with regard to labor force, personnel, wages & salary, fringe benefits, personnel deployment, conferment of technical and professional titles, etc; to do a good job in terms of inputting, summarizing, reporting to higher authorities, and maintaining, on a daily basis, various kinds of information in databases, etc. 3. Major duties of the Public Awareness and United Front Section: To make endeavors to perform the pubic awareness promotion work within the same Committee, report the latest trains of thought of cadres and the masses in time; to pursue spiritual civilization in the same Committee at full blast, guide and urge all the organizations to pursue spiritual civilization by means of mass activities; to assist the Party Committee in examining the learning process of central teams at all levels in this Committee; and do a good job in handling various matters to maintain the unified front within the same Committee. Duties of the City Construction and Discipline Inspection Work Commission (subjected to governance together with the Supervision Section) To represent the Discipline Inspection Commission of Xuhui District to effect leadership towards the discipline inspection organization governing those players engaged in the city construction realm, and also towards their discipline inspection and supervision work; to examine how the Party Organization and members within this Committee have carried out the Party’s guideline, policies, and resolutions, and observed the Party’s rules and disciplines as well as other regulations; to correctly perform the four functions of education, protection, supervision and investigation & prosecution; to assist the Party Committee in rectifying the style of Party work and honoring the Party’s disciplines, supervising Party members and cadres to keep uncorrupted and self-disciplined; to conduct disciplinary supervision and inspection of working performance with regard to the implementation of significant construction projects; to take in and handle letters of complaint from the people and calls by the people to lodge complaints, and investigate those cases in breach of disciplines as well as mete out punishments accordingly. Major duties of the Working Commission of the City Construction Labor Unions: To represent the general labor union of Xuhui District to effect leadership towards those organs in the city construction realm and the working performance of labor unions; carefully fulfill the four functions of maintenance, construction, participation, and education of labor unions; stick to and consummate the System of Democratic Management and Supervision over Workers and Staff that features a basic pattern of organization going as the “congress of workers and staff”; carry out the “heart-warming” and “reemployment” projects, so as to relieve workers and staff of their worries; mobilize and organize workers and staff to take an active part in the construction of and reform into their respectively served organizations, organize them to participate in labor competitions, and polish their occupational skills at their respective posts; guide grassroots labor unions to reinforce the construction of their respective working teams; organize workers and staff to carry out cultural and physical education activities, boost the construction of spiritual civilization and launch public participation activities for promotion of cultural and ethical progress in a comprehensive way.