(1) To follow out those laws, rules and regulations, and systems concerning statistical work set down by the State and Shanghai Municipality; formulate a Statistical Investigation Plan for Xuhui District; organize and coordinate the statistical work and national economic accounting work of each of the related departments in Xuhui District; supervise and examine the implementation of statistical laws and regulations; take the lead in and be responsible for striking up a modern statistical system for Xuhui District. (2) As per the State’s needs for macroscopical management and scientific decision-making, and on the basis of the State’s basic system of statistical forms, to establish and consummate a national economic accounting system and a system of statistical indicators in economic, social, scientific & technological terms for the entire district, and complete various types of statistical tasks assigned by Shanghai Municipal Statistical Bureau. (3) To work together with related departments to accomplish significant investigation assignments at the State, city and district levels; examine and approve, and summarize the statistical data collected by each of the departments. (4) To manage, examine and approve basic statistical data in a unified way, regularly release statistical bulletins regarding the economic and social developments in Xuhui District, plus descriptions of economic operation conditions in Xuhui District; make statistics of, analyze and supervise the development of national economy, social development, and scientific/technological advancement, etc. (5) To establish, consummate and manage the statistical information system and various types of statistical databases. (6) To be responsible for professional trainings of statistical personnel in Xuhui District. (7) To undertaken and handle other matters that Xuhui District Government has commissioned the Statistical Bureau to treat with.
(1) Pursuant to Shanghai Municipality’s overall objective for economic development, to study and put forward the strategic objective for economic, city and social developments for Xuhui District, plus the corresponding plan, guideline and policy; organize personnel to formulate a medium and long-term program and annual plan for socio-economic development of the district. (2) Referring to the policies with regard to encouragement of certain industries set down by the State and Shanghai Municipality, to organize related departments to study and work out a “Three Industries Development Plan” for Xuhui District, draft out an Implementation Plan for Industrial Restructuring and Layout; to be responsible for balancing and coordinating the development plan for the three industries, and promote the effective implementation of the plan for industrial restructuring and layout adjustment. (3) To coordinate and study those significant issues arising in the course of Xuhui District’s economic development, and work jointly with related departments to draft out corresponding policies and measures. (4) To be responsible for managing the fixed capital investments in Xuhui District, and examining and approving those fixed capital investment projects within the limits of its authority; and to organize personnel to examine and approve, and report to higher authorities, the proposals and feasibility study reports with regard to those projects beyond the limits of its authority. (5) To supervise and examine how the annual investment plan has been fulfilled; to be responsible for planning out and coordinating the material construction projects in Xuhui District as a whole. (6) To do a good job in balancing and deploying the construction funds of Xuhui District; and summarize the detailed information of, and lay in, important investment projects short-listed by Xuhui District Government. (7) To be responsible for meticulously supervising, analyzing and predicting the economic development and social security circumstances in Xuhui District, and bringing forward suggestions upon improvement of policies plus countermeasures in time. (8) To study those significant issues arising on fronts of various social causes such as science and technology, education, culture, sanitation, and sport, etc. in relation to the economic development in a well-coordinated manner, and work together with related departments to formulate related plans and measures, so as to boost the sustainable developments of economy, society, population, environment and resources in Xuhui District. (9) To undertaken and handle other matters that Xuhui District Government has commissioned the Development and Reform Commission to treat with.
The General Office of Shanghai Xuhui District People’s Government is established in accordance with the stipulations in the “Notice of Shanghai Municipal Committee of the Communist Party of China and Shanghai Municipal People’s Government with Regard to the Scheme for Reform of the Organizational Structure of Xuhui District (file reference: 20010 No.456)”, and acts as an operating department of Xuhui District Government that is liable for handling routine clerical & administrative affairs. 1. Adjustments of functions: (1) To add in the function of Research Ofice of Xuhui District Government. (2) To separate out the function concerning management over logistic affairs that used to be performed by the logistics department, and authorize the newly established Management Bureau of Departmental Affairs to perform such a function. 2. Major responsibilities (1) To be responsible for making preparations for meetings of Xuhui District Government, and assisting the cadres in Xuhui District Government in organizing personnel to carry out those matters as decided on such meetings. (2) Referring to the requirements raised by cadres in Xuhui District Government, to organize personnel to draft or examine and approve those documents to be disseminated in the name of either Xuhui District Government or the General Office of Xuhui District Government, and the scripts of those important speeches to be delivered by cadres in Xuhui District Government. (3) To study and examine & approve those matters that different departments, sub-district offices and town-level governments under Xuhui District Government have rendered to Xuhui District Government to ask for instructions upon, and bring forward opinions on how to handle these matters, as well as render these opinions to cadres with Xuhui District Government for examination and approval. (4) To urge different departments, sub-district offices and town-level governments under Xuhui District Government to follow out those important files promulgated by the State Council, Shanghai Municipal Government and Xuhui District Government, those decisions reached on meetings held by Xuhui District Government, and important instructions given by cadres with Xuhui District Government, as well as examine how these files, decisions and instructions have been put into force. (5) To be responsible for handling those written opinions rendered by those deputies to the People’s Congress (NPC) of Shanghai Municipality and that of Xuhui District, and treating with those proposals rendered by those members with the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) of Shanghai Municipality and that of Xuhui District. (6) To trace along and study the economic scenario in the entire district, in line with the key tasks in each of the development periods of Xuhui District Government and requirements raised by cadres with Xuhui District Government, organize personnel to investigate and study some certain significant topics arising in the courses of a). implementation of the State’s policy of reform and opening-up; and b). economic and social developments; thus to grasp information, report the actual circumstances, and bring forward suggestions, too. (7) To be responsible for liaison with each of the departments, sub-district offices and town- level governments under Xuhui District Government, assisting cadres with Xuhui District Government in handling those important issues that the departments, sub-district offices and town-level governments have reported to Xuhui District Government. (8) To be responsible for urging related departments, sub-district offices and town-level governments under Xuhui District Government to do a good job in maintaining the social stability, coordinating and mitigating related instability factors in line with requirements raised by cadres with Xuhui District Government. (9) To be responsible for keeping watch for Xuhui District Government, and reporting related important matters to cadres with Xuhui District Government in time, as well as assisting in organizing personnel to treat with those emergency events and material accidents that Xuhui District Government is liable for handling directly. (10) To be responsible for organizing, coordinating and managing those large-sized activities, throughout the entire Xuhui District, organized by any organs affiliated to Xuhui District Government. (11) To be responsible for receiving guests and visitors of Xuhui District Committee of the CPC and Xuhui District Government. (12) To undertake and handle other matters that Xuhui District Committee of the CPC and Xuhui District Government have commissioned the General Office to treat with. 3. Intramural organs: Pursuant to the major duties stated above, the General Office of Xuhui District People’s Government has set up 9 functional sections (inclusive of the Research Office, Foreign Affairs Office, Legal Affairs Office and Reception Office), which are namely: (1) Secretarial Section (2) Supervisory Section (3) General Affairs Section (4) News Section (5) Regional Affairs Section (6) Investigation & Study Section of the Research Office (7) General Affairs Section of the Foreign Affairs Office (8) Legal Supervision Section of the Legal Affairs Office (9) Reception Section of the Reception Office
1. Major duties of the Party Committee Office: To be responsible for drafting out, printing and circulating files of the Party Committee; to report and render the work plans, summaries and information to the CPC Xuhui District Committee; to urge and examine the implementation of various jobs assigned by the Party Committee, collect and sum up the information about fulfillment of job assignments in each period of time within the same Office; to be responsible for receiving, sending out, passing round for perusal, clearing and returning files and documents, and managing official dispatches and archives; to properly handle affairs in relation to, and keep minutes of, the Party Committee Meetings, Democratic Discussion Meetings, and other related meetings concerning the Party Committee; to do a good job in terms of security guard and confidentiality maintenance; to properly handle those letters of complaint from the people and calls by the people to lodge complaints. 2. Major duties of the Organization and Personnel Section: To assist the Party Committee in managing cadres within th City Construction Work Commission and those organizations directly under the same committee; assist the Party Committee in managing and examining those members in the management teams of those division-level organizations within this Committee; to guide and urge the grassroots bodies to reinforce the cohesive affinity of the Party Committee; to train and educate those young-aged cadres and non-Party-member activists; to make efforts in improving the education and trainings of cadres within the City Construction Work Commission; to do a good job in terms of routine management over intellectuals, retired veteran cadres and retired cadres within this Committee; to do a good job in managing those affairs with regard to labor force, personnel, wages & salary, fringe benefits, personnel deployment, conferment of technical and professional titles, etc; to do a good job in terms of inputting, summarizing, reporting to higher authorities, and maintaining, on a daily basis, various kinds of information in databases, etc. 3. Major duties of the Public Awareness and United Front Section: To make endeavors to perform the pubic awareness promotion work within the same Committee, report the latest trains of thought of cadres and the masses in time; to pursue spiritual civilization in the same Committee at full blast, guide and urge all the organizations to pursue spiritual civilization by means of mass activities; to assist the Party Committee in examining the learning process of central teams at all levels in this Committee; and do a good job in handling various matters to maintain the unified front within the same Committee. Duties of the City Construction and Discipline Inspection Work Commission (subjected to governance together with the Supervision Section) To represent the Discipline Inspection Commission of Xuhui District to effect leadership towards the discipline inspection organization governing those players engaged in the city construction realm, and also towards their discipline inspection and supervision work; to examine how the Party Organization and members within this Committee have carried out the Party’s guideline, policies, and resolutions, and observed the Party’s rules and disciplines as well as other regulations; to correctly perform the four functions of education, protection, supervision and investigation & prosecution; to assist the Party Committee in rectifying the style of Party work and honoring the Party’s disciplines, supervising Party members and cadres to keep uncorrupted and self-disciplined; to conduct disciplinary supervision and inspection of working performance with regard to the implementation of significant construction projects; to take in and handle letters of complaint from the people and calls by the people to lodge complaints, and investigate those cases in breach of disciplines as well as mete out punishments accordingly. Major duties of the Working Commission of the City Construction Labor Unions: To represent the general labor union of Xuhui District to effect leadership towards those organs in the city construction realm and the working performance of labor unions; carefully fulfill the four functions of maintenance, construction, participation, and education of labor unions; stick to and consummate the System of Democratic Management and Supervision over Workers and Staff that features a basic pattern of organization going as the “congress of workers and staff”; carry out the “heart-warming” and “reemployment” projects, so as to relieve workers and staff of their worries; mobilize and organize workers and staff to take an active part in the construction of and reform into their respectively served organizations, organize them to participate in labor competitions, and polish their occupational skills at their respective posts; guide grassroots labor unions to reinforce the construction of their respective working teams; organize workers and staff to carry out cultural and physical education activities, boost the construction of spiritual civilization and launch public participation activities for promotion of cultural and ethical progress in a comprehensive way.
1. Major duties of the Administrative Office: To do a good job in secretarial and clerical work; to be responsible for drafting out such official files as work summaries, plans and reports upon assorted assignments, editing information and reporting it to higher authorities, investigating and studying keynote and attention-getting job assignments, and coordinating the relations among the parties; to assist cadres in examining how those monthly work objectives and public objective have been fulfilled, and supervise the implementation of those “real- things” projects at the city and district levels, matters in investigation and to be dealt with as assigned by cadres; to organize personnel to offer guidance upon, and examine the administrative enforcement of law, hold courts and conduct administrative reconsideration of related cases; to make solid efforts in terms of informatized management work, maintain well the information on the website of Xuhui District Government, and keep computers and related auxiliary facilities in good conditions; and to handle properly the letters of complaint from the people and the calls they make to lodge complaints, foreign affairs, archival matters, meeting-related things, receipt/sending and printing of files, as well as logistical matter and general affairs. 2. Major duties of the General Affairs Section: Under leadership by the Construction & Management Commission, to be responsible for coordinating the construction of and management over roads, bridges, water drainage facilities, river courses, water /power/gas supply facilities, information and public transport systems, etc. in a comprehensive way; to organize personnel to study the professional planning of roads, bridges, water drainage facilities and river courses throughout the entire district, participate in the technical & commercial assessments of significant civil works in Xuhui district and coordination of related contradictions; formulate the annual construction and maintenance plans for civil works and river courses; to be responsible for organizing personnel to initialize projects in Xuhui district and conduct technical and commercial assessments of preliminary plans; to be responsible for coordinating and supervising the construction of greenery and landscaping projects; to organize personnel to formulate the flood prevention scheme for the district, deploy assorted resources in a unified way to prevent and fight against flood, typhoon and other accidents, and effect rescue in case of emergency, as well as make sure the implementation of flood prevention measures; to be responsible for planning out, organizing and coordinating, supervising and examining, guiding and implementing, as a whole, the public transport work plan of the district; to be responsible for keeping and even increasing the values of publicly-owned assets of those enterprises and public institutions directly under Xuhui District Government, supervising, managing, examining and guiding the reform and restructuring in, and economic cooperation and introduction of foreign capital by, enterprises and public institutions. 3. Major duties of the Construction Planning Section: To investigate those land areas to be reconstructed throughout the district, compile the plan for reconstruction of aged land areas; file an application to higher authorities for enjoying a new run of favorable policies with regard to reconstruction of aged land areas; to do a good job in terms of disseminating the removal and relocation policies, laws and regulations, and offering consultations to the multitude; to be responsible for examining and approving the preliminary design proposal for construction work throughout the district; to file applications for dismantling housing property, deploying green belts and initializing land storage projects to the Planning Commission, Planning Bureau of Xuhui District, and Real Estate Administrations of Shanghai Municipality and Xuhui District respectively, and render letters of opinions regarding selection of localities for construction projects, as well as apply for Permits for Land Use for Construction Purpose, etc.; to cooperate with related organizations to solicit business investments and usher in funds for the development of relatively large-sized land areas; to do a good job in coordinating those contradictions arising from construction projects with regard to day lighting, clearance, noise, pollution on environment, passageway, and illegal construction work; to be responsible for coordinating those contradictions arising from those established residential quarters on fronts of environment, greenery and property management, etc.; to be responsible for coordinating those issues arising in the construction course of those newly erected residential quarters. 4. Major duties of the Construction Management Section: To follow out various policies, laws and regulations governing the construction industry and building materials industry; to do a good job in rectifying and standardizing the order in the construction market; to examine and urge the building work in construction projects in a well-ordered way; to facilitate the “selection of excellent construction work provider through public appraisal” campaign; to coordinate the job assignments and management practices in the construction industry and building materials industry; to be responsible for taking the lead in convening meetings to be attended jointly by those organizations and departments involved in the taxation affairs with regard to real estate projects and construction projects; to do a good job in evaluating the degree of office towers’ intellectualization; to urge related organizations to disseminate means of intellectualization among residential quarters. 5. Major duties of the Financial Section: To compile and implement the departmental budget pursuant to the ongoing State regulations upon regulation of outlays and funds, and also in consideration of comprehensive factors in relation to the budget-arising year; to reinforce the management over and utilization of significant funds, manage, make statistics of, and analyze such financial activities as budget implementation, financial revenues & expenditure, and fund management of those public institutions affiliated to Xuhui District Government, and improve the performance in terms of assigning financial matters; to put into force the system of “government purchasing” towards those government-invested projects, and examine the purchasing prices accordingly; to offer guidance, conduct supervision and internal inspection of the financial work of enterprises and public institutions.
(1) To follow out, carry out and put into force the laws, rules and regulations, and policies regarding pricing regulation set down by the State and Shanghai Municipality, study and formulate related price adjustment proposals, implement corresponding price regulation measures, and release important price-related information as well. (2) To follow out the commodity prices and charging rates subjected to management by competent price regulation departments at higher levels, urge players in the markets to sell commodities at clearly marked prices, ratify and adjust the prices of commodities and charging rates within the limits of its authority, and rectify and standardize the market pricing order. (3) To reinforce the supervision over prices in the real estate market and provide better service in this regard. (4) To be responsible for managing, guiding, supervising, and coordinating the authentication (attestation) and evaluation work conducted by Xuhui District’s Price Authentication (Attestation) Organization according to laws towards those articles involved in law cases in Xuhui District and the same organization’s evaluation work towards loss of objects incurred by traffic accidents on roads, thus to provide the competent juridical authority with objective and impartial evidence for case-handling purpose. (5) To manage and guide those enterprises and public institutions in Xuhui District to carry out the State’s pricing laws and regulations, guide and supervise these enterprises and public institutions to each set up a cost accounting system, consummate an intramural price regulation mechanism of their own, and standardize their behaviors concerning price adjustment, determination and fee collection. (6) To be responsible for putting into force significant price measures made by higher governmental departments in this District, publicizing adequately and organizing personnel to supervise the implementation of these measures in this District, too. (7) To organize personnel to examine and approve the fee collection behaviors of State organs, public institutions and intermediary organizations in this District on an annual basis, and issue a “Fee Collection Permit” to each of them. (8) To be responsible for supervising and reporting to higher authorities the price information in this district, forecasting the supply & demand conditions in the market so as to trace along the pricing fluctuations in time, and offering sound consulting services with regard to price information and pricing policies. (9) To take the lead in initializing a “Credible Computation of Commodity Price” campaign and organizing enterprises and public institutions in Xuhui District to participate in this campaign by going through inspections and competing against one another, thus to facilitate enterprises and public institutions to improve their own capabilities in terms of price regulation. (10) To organize personnel to implement price investigation and study activities, and release the basic charges upon property management service offered to those commodity housing establishments in Xuhui District, examine and approve the charging rates upon property management service. (11) To be responsible for those affairs with regard to responding to administrative litigations. (12) To be responsible for giving guidance upon the work of Xuhui District’s Price Regulation Association. (13) To undertake and handle other matters that Xuhui District Government has commissioned the Price Stabilization Bureau to treat with.